The City of Ames Municipal Utility is currently offering a rebate to customers who choose to install solar.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participants must be City of Ames Electric Services’ customers.
- Rebates will not exceed 50% of equipment cost.
- Cases where the incentive is estimated to exceed $15,000 are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- All claims must be pre-approved by City of Ames Electric Services. Call 239-5177.
- Incentive will be calculated as qualifying kW generated x $500.
- Rebate is for photovoltaic generation that reduces the City of Ames Electric Services’ summer peak-time kilowatts (kW).
- System must be installed and generating before application for rebate can be made.
- Systems qualifying for rebate must produce electricity during the hour of 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the months of June, July, August and September.
- Rebate will be paid based on the maximum kW generated during the above described timeframe. An hourly estimate of system output from National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL’s) PVWatts (http://pvwatts.nrel.gov/) is required.
- An executive summary must accompany this claim form that:
1. Outlines the system installed.
2. Provides array generation during the peak time given above and outlining the assumptions used to determine array output. All data is subject to verification.
- Electric Services reserves the right to question assumptions leading to array output estimates.
- Proof of purchase (ownership) for the photovoltaic system must accompany this rebate application.
- Generation must be provable and verifiable.
- All claims are subject to inspection.
- All claims are reviewed by City of Ames Electric Services. Electric Services reserves the right to deny any claim that does not meet the goal of reducing utility summer peak-time demand.
- Applications must be completed in full, incomplete applications will delay processing and may be returned.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the end of summer metered kW generation unless otherwise authorized.
- Rebate checks will be issued to property owner unless otherwise established prior to submission of application.
- City of Ames Electric Services reserves the right to verify kW generation of equipment.
- Rebates may be subject to income tax. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
- Rebates are subject to availability of funds.
- City of Ames Electric Services reserves the right to claim Renewable Energy Credits (REC’s) available from this installation.
- This program is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Learn more about this program on the City of Ames’ website
Interested in applying?
Let us know and we’ll guide you through the process.